Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Joy Of Life

“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”

1) Explain what Chris means in this selection in your own words. Was he right or wrong?
 


I think Chris means that people live there life with so much depression. As the saying goes "Live life to the fullest," Chris means the opposite that people do not consider the happiness and joy of life but of the pain or hurt of life. He is correct to me. There are so many people that sre not happy with life and the way they live there life.

2) In what ways did Chris embrace and then exemplify these beliefs?

He embrace these belief by actually living in nature. I feel as though he wanted to get a clear outter look on life without material things and go on a adventure that would take him  on a life long journey. He wanted to feel responsible and independant on his own and to me  go on with the challenges that life brings on his own.

3) How has your life been conditioned to a life of security, conformity and conservatism? If you could meet Chris, what do you think he would specifically question about your life? What do you think he would encourage you to do?

I believe that my life has been condition to live in security, conformity and conservatism. I think Chris would ask me what type of life I live? Do I live being a materialistic person? If I would come out of my realistic life and take on a adventure? I think he would ask questions to see if we have anything in common with him. I think he would encourage me to live my life and go through changes even if it don't seem like I could make a living in that environment. Also, encourage  me to enjoy nature and all it has to bring to life.












No comments:

Post a Comment